Immigration Medical Exams
- Prior to your exam, you are required to complete and submit an Patient Registration and Consent (PRC) form.
A link to the form is located at the bottom of this page. The form is an Adobe pdf document and is to be
completed and submitted by email to Bigelow Fowler at email@example.com.
- Appointments for these exams can be booked at our Bigelow South location by calling 403-327-3121.
- Applicants will be responsible for any costs accruing from of these appointments.
Cost of exams: Medical $240.00 (everyone) and Xray $60.00 (required for 11 years and up)
- You must also pre book a Lab appointment to occur after your visit with the doctor.
To book your lab appointment with Alberta Precision Laboratories please visit
www.aplappointments.ca and ensure you choose Bigelow Fowler South Clinic
as the location at which you would like your appointment to occur.
- Payment for Lab Tests are your responsibility:
Lab test costs are $30.00-$50.00 (Required for anyone 15 years of age and
older) and the bill for these tests will be sent to you in the mail directly from APL
Lab Services. There is no charge for urine samples (required for 5 years and up).
- X-rays may also be completed at our Bigelow Fowler South Clinic. You MUST have
had your Immigration Medical Exam at the Bigelow Fowler Clinic to complete your X-rays here.
Preparing for your Exam:
What to bring with you:
- Identification: Passport, Canadian Drivers License or Refugee Status Papers (these should be valid
and up- to- date. Call us if you aren’t sure about your ID).
- Any official papers you have received from Immigration Canada: Work Permit, Study Permit, or
Vistior Permit, if applicable.
- Any additional correspondence you may have received from IRCC (Immigration Refugee and
Citizenship Canada) as well as your IME number.
- An identity photo will also be taken at your appointment.
- All prescription medications: the bottles themselves, or the names and dosages.
- Loose fitting clothing and short sleeves shirts or tops to wear during your examination.
- Glasses for the vision test (if necessary).
- If you require a translator for your appointment then you must pre arrange this before the visit.
Your completed IME will be submitted by our staff via E-Medical online services (the preferred delivery method of
IRCC). If IRCC requires additional testing, physician visits or specialist referrals you will be responsible for
these additional costs.
PLEASE COMPLETE BOTH THE PATIENT REGISTRATION FORM AND THE CONSENT FORM AND SUBMIT BEFORE APPOINTMENT TO EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: The medical information form is in Adobe Acrobat, which you will need installed on your computer before you can open and read the document. To download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click on the link to the right and follow the directions as outlined.